Fires are typically the most dangerous gas appliance installed in properties today as if fitted incorrectly or not maintained regularly there is a real danger of carbon monoxide poisoning.
There are many different fires on the market to suit all tastes and budgets and most have built in safety devices to reduce the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Most gas fires are designed to compliment your existing heating system rather than heating your house or room totally. This is because most fires are manufactured to give 7kw of heat output or less as larger outputs require additional ventilation to remove the products of combustion.
These appliances are usually installed where the demand for hot water is high but there is no requirement for heating. They come in a variety of sizes and have safety devices built in.